East Gippsland Regional Catchment Strategy (EGRCS)
The EGRCS was prepared by the East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority on behalf of the region. It was developed with strong input from the regional community, delivery partners and other agencies involved in catchment planning.
The EGRCS sets out integrated management objectives in four landscape areas:
- Gippsland Lakes and Hinterland (GLH)
- Gippsland Lakes Upper Catchment (GLUC)
- East Coast (EC)
- Far East Catchments (FEC)
The management objectives focus on maintaining the condition and productivity (sustainability) of the natural resources of the region.
The EGRCS is divided into 7 chapters:
- Chapters 1 to 4 contain background material about the region
- Chapter 5 explains the processes used to develop the strategy
- Chapter 6 explains the results of the analysis and priority setting undertaken in preparing the strategy. It lists the natural values of each landscape area, the objectives for protecting them, and the actions needed to meet the objectives
- Chapter 7 describes how the EGRCS will be implemented, and the proposed program for monitoring, evaluating and reviewing its implementation
Further information regarding the information and processes used in preparing the EGRCS will be contained in a separate supporting document which will be available at a later date.
East Gippsland Regional Catchment Strategy 2013 – 2019 (PDF Document 4.1Mb)